Sunday 28 September 2014

A Few Quotations That Motivate Me

There are many astonishing quotes said by amazing people out there, but a few of them really mean a lot to me. They are special to me because they inspire me to do my best and keep moving on.

The first quote is, “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work”, by Thomas A. Edison. Many people recognize him as the person who invented the light bulb, but no one ever thinks about how many tries it must have taken him to get the light bulb to work. And the reason we have incandescent light bulbs today is only because he did not give up. So what he meant by this quote was you can never fail too many times and if you have a dream or goal that you want to accomplish, you should not be depressed if you fail a few time because if you try hard enough, you will accomplish your goal. Also, every time it does not work out, you should think of it as you just learnt something new.

The second quote that inspires me is, “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do”, by Mark Twain. The reason I really like this quote is because it motivates me to take chances. It teaches me that if I am too afraid to take chances right now, I will regret them later on and wonder what it would have been like if I took the chance. And what’s the worst that could happen if I take the chance? I fail, but it’s still better to know what happened better than to think about it for the rest of my life. This quote doesn’t just apply to big things, but small things too because they are just as important too. For example, if you like to play a sport but you’re too afraid to try out because you think that you won’t make the team, you should still try out. This is because you do not know how good you really are until you actually try out and it’s not like if you don’t make it this year, you can’t try again next year. So you should never be afraid of trying something new and taking chances because they can lead to much greatness.

The third quote is one that I am in love with since it is so true. It is, “There is only one success, to be able to spend your life in your own way” by Christopher Morley. What this quote is telling us that if you are not happy with what you’re doing, you are not going to be successful in your own eyes. Even if you are making a lot of money and the rest of the world thinks you are successful, you will not be happy. And what’s the point of doing anything at all if you think of it as something you have to do for someone else. Many parents have expectations from their kids and if those expectations come in the way of their happiness they should really have a talk with them about it. Everyone should have the opportunity to live their life in the way they choose to.

Many people keep quotes up in their room to inspire them. I honestly think that everyone should do that or just have it in a place where you look regularly because they do make a big difference if you live by them. And even if you do not understand some quotes people say, it’s not a big deal because there are so many to choose from out there.

1 comment:

  1. First of all, I just wanted to say that I love the way you designed your blog!! Also love that after you wrote the quotes you explained it in your own words. I always enjoy seeing another individual's point of view. The quotes you chose for this entry were very motivational! :) Keep up with the good work!

    ReplyDelete